Thursday, January 28, 2010

We're packing for this dream trip to Israel and Jordan. Or, rather, I'm packing and have been all week. Terry isn't. He will do it on the last day and it will take 30 minutes. I'm carefully considering everything. I'm not sure about the weather so I have to cover all the bases. I am excited about this trip. Not in the same way as I have been for other trips. This one is different because Terry will be with me. This will be really new. I've traveled a lot on my own and I'm used to doing things without considering another person so I don't know how this is going to work out. It will be something I have to work at. Another issue is the security of the country. I wasn't anxious about it at all until small group the other night when they wanted to pray for our safety. I guess I just didn't think about it that much. But, I know we're in God's hands and we will be guided by Him. Just the same, I'm going to pray for safe trip!

2 comments:

  1. How fun! This will be a very memorable experience. You may remember that I went to Israel with Gayle in 1989. The history and culture are just extraordinary. I worried about safety too, until Gayle reminded me that Israel does security better than any country in the world. There was a soldier on every street corner. Have fun and especially enjoy the food. I'll be looking forward to your posts.
    Love,
    Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Joy,
    congratulations on this trip! My wife, Kathy, is going to Israel with a couple of her girlfriends and a group from Calvary church in late February. She's looking forward to it but a bit concerned about security also. We both will look forward to your blogs - have fun - be safe!
    Jim Carr

    ReplyDelete